Tuesday, January 27, 2009

All done!

Yesterday was a day filled with feelings of "I don't want to" for me. There are shoes to be made, but I don't want to. Laundry and dishes to be done, but I don't want to. The house is a disaster and I really should do something about it but... well, you get the idea. Instead I did some things that I sort of wanted to do, like finishing up this chair. I wasn't dying to work on it, but figured that since it was so close to being done I might as well.

I'd already cut the leather strips for the back so all that I needed to do was give the raw wood parts a couple of coats of spray varnish then staple on the strips. So, what 'd ya think?

My plan is to keep it in our guest room, along with a wood daybed that's being delivered this evening to help make it cozy and inviting in there, for us and for guests. My computer currently resides in the closet, so I do spend a considerable portion of my day in that room. I can't wait to make it lovely and welcoming, ready for a visit from my Mom when the Baby comes in a couple of months.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I like it!! It turned out lovely!!